Sunday, September 9, 2007

Online storage

Recently I've grown tired of sending myself files over my gmail account and found http://www.xdrive.com. Anyone know of other such services that they are particularly fond of? There is a free 5 GB possibility and then you can upgrade to 50 GB if you pay $10/month (which is just stupid if you ask me). I really only have a few files I would like to access at both home and work, so there is no way I could ever reach my 5 GB limit. I suppose if I decided to share music perhaps I'd push it, but I have most of my music burned onto mp3 CDs so that shouldn't be necessary. Of course, "free" is always nice. And you could always just open multiple accounts, one for each music genre for instance...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you are getting your internet access from Insight you probably have a volume of staorage space available as part of your plan. You could just access it via FTP. Try www.insightbb.com and see what it says. Most ISP's have web storage as part of their monthly fee. Not necessarily huge, but it could be enough to sate your needs.

chripostrophe said...

i'm waiting for dropbox to launch (even though this guy stole Apple's catch phrase)

http://getdropbox.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_Y0AKUM3-4

Unknown said...

You could get a USB drive... those work great and are cheap...and a lot of 'em connect to your key chain these days... and then your files aren't there online for others to view... although I'm assuming this service has some sort of login protection to your files... right?