Monday, April 16, 2007

Productivity

I love the feeling I get when I'm hard at work and I lose track of time to the point where it's almost time to go home. It is one of the most wonderful feelings I can imagine. Of course, that is mostly due to the fact that when the famine hits at work I'm bored out of my mind and keep looking for more work which just isn't there. I could literally do the job of most of my department at this point. I really ought to finish putting my resume together so I can shop myself around a bit. See what's out there.

I guess I should count my blessings when I can though. Why should I lament the fact that I'm so not busy that I have time to blog about the fact that I'm not busy while I'm at work? Is that not everyone's dream job? I guess not. I need to find out what my dream job is before I'm too old to be able to retire off the money I earn from it. The prospect of finding an interesting mechanical engineering position in Evansville doesn't seem that great. Movement to another state will probably be necessary. Can anyone recommened any particular job search site?

2 comments:

chripostrophe said...

i used archinect.com

though its pretty much only for architecture related jobs.

surprisingly, craigslist has more than just people looking for help moving or mowing.

i suppose this didn't help...but then again, i don't even know what you do.

Anonymous said...

A very good friend of mine works for the company that runs this site: http://www.jobcentral.com/