Thursday, April 26, 2007

Productivity

I've gotten quite a bit more productive during the past few weeks. I'm not sure if it's excitement due to the weather or that my projects have all started to finally move along or that my wisdom teeth were removed or what, but I feel amazing.

Things I've noticed help me feel like I can accomplish anything:

1. Water - 32 oz. in the morning prior to lunch, 32 oz. between lunch and when I leave for home

2. Working out on a set schedule - 4 days per week (normally Sat., Sun., Tues., Wed. but this week I was extra tired on Sunday from a very active Saturday and a quasi-active Sunday prior to working out)

3. Fruit and protein

4. When I feel sort of out of it, take a minute and breath deeply a few times

5. Bengay (I recently developed "tennis elbow" from playing frisbee golf...stupid RHFH throws [Right Hand ForeHand], so I've had to switch to RHBH for most of the holes, which is ok since I do both equally well)

6. Talking to my wife right away if something is bothering us. This holds true for any miscommunication between two people, not just wife/husband.

7. My car will be paid off in September, it will be the first car with my name on the title (I think, I don't think my last car had me on there), so it will be my expensive piece of property I own outright

8. Blogging about random crap - I feel like I've been keeping this up fairly well. I decided to quit sweating people to come read this one rather than my myspace blog. I like the interface of blogger much better.

9. Google stuff (I'll post specifics in a few days, I already did on myspace)

10. Leaving the room if I don't feel like watching TV or turning it off if nobody else is there

11. Reading Kurt Vonnegut

That was kind of a pointless list...oh well.

3 comments:

chripostrophe said...

i also feel that, in addition to good communication between partners, i have always believed that showering together helps any relationship. if you can't shower together, you have deep issues of privacy that need resolution. surrendering yourself to the person of your affection, and likewise reciprocating, in a ritual of cleansing, is the ultimate physical display of openness in a relationship.

this is what imagine "John and Yoko 's Marriage Counseling: Tips for Peace in Partnership" book would sound like...call me a dreamer


cp

Anonymous said...

Unless you have a very small shower. Or one of you is overweight. But enough about me. So much for productivity...no posts for the past few days!

mikebdot said...

Do you have incantations for your ritual as well? Perhaps burning incense? Sacrificing animals?